Monday, March 16, 2026

It Comes to an End

Hey there Cambridge!

The day I have finally been waiting for... to be finished with this long, very long, project.

My thoughts about this project have changed so much over the last few weeks. At first, I was lost at what my idea will be, then I hit a peak where I was super devoted and excited for this project. From there, I slowly began getting more stressed and exhausted from this project. Now, in Week 8 (the final week 🎉) I genuinely could not even pull myself to produce the creative critical reflection.

It's not like I hate this project; it just feels like three projects in one and procrastination is beginning to hit, yet I must move forward.

I really like my film opening plot, it is pretty creative and I love the shots I took. For my creative critical reflection videos, I worked with what I have, so it did not turn out exactly as I imagined, but watching the final product made me smile.

The most enjoyable part of this project for me was definitely coming back to my blog to talk about everything that I researched and how everything played out. I love research and talking in detail, and my blog posts almost acted like a journal for AICE Media.

Thanks to my friends who helped out in the production of Focus on the Past and my CCR videos. Including, Ethan (my boyfriend) who opened up his time to be an actor in my film opening and first CCR video, Marisa (my sister) who recorded videos of me filming for my blog and even stood around with me in the behind-the-scenes, and Bryan (my boyfriend's brother) who also acted in my film opening even though that scene never made it to the completed product. I am grateful they all worked with me and devoted lots of time to being here for me and my production.

Knowing that I am about to submit my film opening and creative critical reflection feels genuinely unreal. For past weeks, the idea of this being done was so far away and I never thought this day would come. 

____________________

#throwbacks 

Join me in reflecting on the production of my film opening below!

Feb 01: Gaining a Deeper Understanding of the Thriller Genre
Feb 03: Reflection from Group Meeting #1
Feb 14: Costume + Schedule Update
Feb 15: The Set/Location
Feb 21: Filming Day 1
Feb 27: Foley Sounds + Downloading my Background Music

____________________

Yours Truly, 

Macie 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Official Film Opening and Creative Critical Reflection Videos

Hey there Cambridge! My Film Opening, CCR Video One, and CCR Video Two are linked below as a file stored in Google Drive. Film Opening : htt...